Tips for looking after your back
Its important to look after your back, here are a few ways you can help to avoid back pain.
- Make sure you rotate between sitting and standing positions
- Exercise gently regularly
- Support your lower back whilst driving or in the seated position
- Losing weight will reduce the load on your spine and back muscles
- Reduce stiffness and increase your mobility by stretching properly
- Try not to slouch; bad posture is detrimental to your back
- Bend your knees when lifting – and be careful not to lift to heavy a weight
- Throughout the day do gentle & frequent stretches, this will reduce the strain on your back
- Even when your back hurts – try to keep moving
- Look at your bed and pillow – and decide if they give your back and neck the support they require.